In the last part I told you how I built my cloaker.
The problem was that the cloaker was still very basic and I had to copy the PHP file with the script into the folder for each campaign separately.
So when I made changes to the script I had to do the changes in all files one by one.
Also the collected data was written in several files in the folders of each campaign.
And these were some files per campaign, I tracked everything separated based on country and known or unknown values, blacklisted or whitelisted traffic.
Probably I am the only person worldwide who is able to understand the whole structure.
Next thing was to fake the referrer, for this I used an early version of the CPA Redirector script and modified it pretty heavy for my own needs.
At this time I was running CPV traffic so each target in my campaigns was a separate URL.
It was all fine so far as long as I only promoted one affiliate program per campaign.
For these campaigns I didn´t use a tracker so A/B tests and stuff didn´t work and I also didn´t need it.
I had the campaigns running for 3 years or so with only with very limited and specific affiliate programs.
I already made 6 figures profit from it but then I had the feeling that it´s time to scale the operation.
The problem was, that the cloaker was only cloaking the traffic and redirecting all traffic to my campaign link.
But now I also wanted to redirect the traffic to different destinations based on the target URL.
And then I did the first big improvement to my scripts which added lots of new functionality.
Additionally I came up with a solution to access the same PHP file from all my campaigns.
When I did changes to the cloaker I only had to do it once and not for each campaign separately.
Also the cloaker now tracked stats for each campaign separated in the campaigns folder.
Additionally it tracked stats in big files for all campaigns together in the split by country and good, bad, unknown.
Everything was prepared and I was ready to run on a bigger scale.
The big improvement I made to the scripts was that now I was able to redirect the traffic to different destinations based on the target URL.
To make that possible I didn’t send the traffic to the cloaker script itself to redirect the users from there.
Instead I created a new script with a very basic database and a very basic interface.
In this script I can create new tables for each campaign and then add the campaign targets together with the appropriate destinations to the database.
I didn’t redirect the traffic from the cloaker script itself anymore.
I came up with a specific file and folder structure for my campaigns.
Now the traffic went through the new script that just included the the cloaker PHP file.
The traffic went through all the checks and depending on the outcome the cloaker set the results to “false” or “true”.
The new script then checked the result and sent the traffic either to a safe site or grabbed the corresponding entry for the target from the database and redirected the user to the destination.
When I think back it´s pretty funny that I really got all that stuff running.
At this time I still never really learned coding or so.
I just had ideas and found smart solutions to get my stuff working.
A code snippet here, a code snippet there, a little bit from this script, a little bit from that.
Was lots of trial and error but important is the end result and it works very good.
To scale the whole stuff I needed more affiliate programs to promote.
Because it would take too much time and work to sign up for many different inhouse programs I rather concentrated on few bigger affiliate networks and promoted many programs from these platforms.
But that were also many affiliate programs per network.
It would take ages to apply for them all one by one and then grab the links and stuff.
I thought about it and then created a bot for each network with Zennoposter.
All it did was to login and check all programs that I want to run.
When I already applied for the program it checked if I am approved or not.
If yes grab the links, if not wait and when I didn´t apply yet the bot did it.
That way I built a good database of programs to promote.
Ok, let´s summarize this part:
Now I had few hundred affiliates programs that I wanted to run.
I also worked on my scripts so that working on the cloaker got a lot easier.
I only had to edit one file when I made chances.
Then I created scripts to redirect users to different destinations based on the targets I bid on.
Additinally I added some security measures to the flow.
The only problem was that faking the referrer and showing individual fake sites for each of the few hundred affiliate programs was next to impossible.
But I already had a plan for it.
In the next part I will tell how I solved the problem to fake referrers and show good fake sites for hundreds and thousands of different affiliate programs.
And I can imagine that at this point probably many of you are wondering what exactly I was doing there.
In the next part I will also try to explain a bit better how the stuff worked and will tell little bit more about the flow the users went through.